- Burma Arrests 19 North Korean Defectors, Kids Included Fox News - Sat Dec 20
Burmese authorities arrested 19 North Korean defectors in a town near the border with Thailand, a government official said Saturday.
- Myanmar arrests 19 North Korean defectors: police AFP - Sat Dec 20
- Myanmar authorities have arrested 19 defectors from their ally North Korea and plan to charge them with illegally entering the country, a senior police official said Saturday.
- UN slams N. Korean on rights; Defending regime were China, Cuba, Iran, Burma, Russia, Venezuela, Syria World Tribune - Fri Dec 19
December 19, 2008 - UN slams N. Korean on rights; defending regime were China, Cuba, Iran, Burma, Russia, Venezuela, Syria
EU provides extra 40 million euros in aid to Myanmar AFP - Thu Dec 18
The European Commission on Thursday decided give an extra 40.5 million euros (58.7 million dollars) in aid for two million vulnerable people in Myanmar, notably those affected by cyclone Nargis in May.
Burmese Lawyer Flees, Speaks Out Radio Free Asia - Thu Dec 18
A Burmese lawyer now in exile says authorities tortured evidence out of his clients.
- EU provides 40 million euros in aid to Myanmar Nasdaq - Thu Dec 18
(RTTNews) - The European Commission's Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO) will spend 22 million euros ($31million) in aid for two million vulnerable people in Myanmar, especially those affected by cyclone Nargis in May.
- MYANMAR: Myanmar journalists face intimidation, pressure from junta AsiaMedia - Thu Dec 18
Journalists working in military-ruled Myanmar continue to face intimidation, torture and arrests in reporting on the country's corrupt and brutal regime, despite international calls for more press freedom, a conference on media safety heard Tuesday.
- UN chief criticizes Myanmar and Zimbabwe AP - Wed Dec 17
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon criticized the governments of Myanmar and Zimbabwe Wednesday and said a year of multiple crises has put human rights on trial.
- [ELD] MISSOURI: Mission team will spend Christmas in Sudan / TENNESSEE: Myanmar refugees bring Adven Worldwide Faith News - Fri Dec 19
- AI Bulletin Vol.11 No.24, 19 December 2008 Amnesty International - Sat Dec 20
Burma on Yahoo! News