From this flows the second misperception, the idea that they are desirable and able to fulfill us. They are not.
Implicit in all this is the third misperception, the idea that at least the ego (the thinker behind the thinking) exists. It does not.
- All phenomena are radically impermanent, not holding unchanged for even a single moment.
- All phenomena are unsatisfactory, incapable of being so.
- All phenomena are impersonal, empty, devoid of an ego.
- Insight leads to detachment (non-craving).
- Then the disillusioned mind, searching for something that is not limited and unsatisfactory, directly comes to know-and-see NIRVANA.