|There is suffering of all kinds. I teach the path to the end of all suffering (Sukhothai).|
|Born in Central Asia not Nepal or India|
|I'll always remember you, dear Kanthaka!|
|His skin became brilliant wearing a golden robe gifted to him reclining into final nirvana|
|There were many temptations and distractions|
|The marriage of wisdom and compassion|
- It can be boiled down to just one thing, liberation.
- Or two things, suffering and the end of all suffering.
- Or four things: There is disappointment (suffering, pain, unsatisfactoriness, lack of fulfillment); there is a cause of it; there is liberation from it (nirvana); there is a path that leads to it, the end of all suffering called nirvana).
- Or seven things: The Seven Factors of Enlightenment (satta-bojjhanga).
- Or eight things: the Noble Eightfold Path.
- Or 12 things: the causal links of Dependent Origination.
- Or, finally, 37 things: The Requisites of Enlightenment (or all the things pertaining to enlightenment the Buddha taught).
|First human depictions (Gandhara art)|