Last week, a friend forwarded Southern California Public Radio's Madeleine Brand a PDF of a funny little book with a catchy title: Go the F*ck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach.
She forwarded it on to her friends... and apparently she wasn't alone. The book has become a viral sensation. The PDF was leaked, and now every parent under the Sun has seen it. [First Everyone Poops, now this!] It's the number one best-selling title on Amazon. And it hasn't even been released yet.
The publisher bumped up the release date from October to June because it was in such high demand. Fox has already optioned the rights to turn it into a movie. Here's a taste of it:
"The cats nestle close to their kittens now.
The lambs have laid down with the sheep.
You're cozy and warm in your bed, my dear
Please go the f*** to sleep."
Here to talk about what this book's success could mean for publishing is Seth Godin. He's an author and founder of the Domino Project - an e-publishing venture: LISTEN
- VIDEO: Ghost girl caught on tape
- VIDEO: Girl's real life demonic possession
- Why won't my child go to sleep?
- How to be persuasive: new study offers talking tips
- Music Festival: Lightning in a Bottle
- Light Force super healing remedies
- Studying Deep Biblical Christianity
- VIDEO: Giant 49 million year old spider
- Sarah Palin says she puts her kids first
- Macho Man Randy Savage "raptured"
- Harold Camping at the heart of Mediapocalypse