Monday, December 7, 2020

Giant Afro makes Guinness record book

Ben Hooper (UPI, 12/3/20); Crystal Quintero, Ashley Wells (eds.), Wisdom Quarterly
Hey, honey, Simone! You know you can straighten your hair like us, right? (The Obamas)
.
Simone Williams knows cool hair care.
An American woman whose hair measures 8.07 inches high, 8.85 inches wide, and a staggering 4 feet, 10 inches in circumference was awarded a Guinness World Record for "the largest Afro hairstyle."

Simone Williams of Brooklyn, New York, said she was inspired by Aevin Dugas, the previous record holder for largest Afro.

With a perm, I could be biggest! (Rita Hayworth)
"She inspired me to make the attempt. I googled 'world's largest Afro,' and when she came up I was in awe," Williams recalls. "At the time, I didn't think my hair was anywhere close to hers. She has goals!

"But I was so happy to see that she was recognized and there was a chance for others to be recognized, too." Simone said she has only been growing her hair out naturally for about nine years. More

No comments: