(AP) The war in Iraq led to a loss of focus on the threat from al-Qaida, emboldened the group's leader Osama bin Laden, and helped to breed a generation of homegrown terrorists, Britain's former domestic spy chief told an inquiry Tuesday.
- China surpasses US as world's top energy consumer
- Gov't: Seepage near BP cap coming from another well
- Unemployment benefits extension clears Senate hurdle
- Cambodia plans to turn Khmer Rouge site over to tourism
- Lesbian student receives $35K settlement over prom
- Confusion reigns as Lindsay Lohan is sent to jail
- Lindsay Lohan in custody, headed for jail