|Cambodian Buddhist monk Ven. Chundoeun Phin, Oakland (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)|
|Racist "Christian terrorist" caught (AP)|
|Look, ma, no hand[cuff]s? White privilege extends to terrorist mass murderer (AP/WQ).|
"He was attacking him with two butcher knives...chopping him up"
|He did it! Thai monk during unrest (S).|
Oakland police say the assault happened at 6:19 pm Tuesday evening in the 600 block of Douglas Avenue in Oakland. The 66-year-old [monk] was taken to a local hospital and listed in critical condition.
|My son's Cambodian (Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie/video still/WQ)|
|Eat or I'll stab you (j/k!) Kind Thai monk|
A [monastery] elder told KPIX 5’s Devin Fehely that the victim was a Buddhist monk from The Branch of International Community of Khmer Buddhist Monks Center, near the location of the assault.
|When nagas (snakes, reptilians) take over a culture, like the Khmer in Cambodia or the Mayans in America, things tend to go south. This naga or dragon is in a Carnival parade, Beija-Flor Samba School, Rio de Janeiro (Felipe Dana/AP/NPR).|
“My reaction was so fast. I pushed him as hard as I could. I must have startled him because he dropped both of the knives [suggesting he was possessed or in a fugue state rather than just malice].”
[Ven.] Phin says the attacker ran away while he frantically called 911 for help.
“I grabbed a towel and put it on the victim’s head and told him to hold on until the ambulance came.”
“I feel bad. I thought he would be a whole changed person. But something just snapped in his head.”
More + VIDEO
Monk sought in knife attack
|Cambodian Buddhist temple, Oakland, California (Google maps/SFGate.com)|
|Sympathy pains: No, not with knives!|
The victim was stabbed numerous times in the head and body with kitchen knives and was in stable condition at a hospital, authorities said.
Neither man's name was released by police and no motive has been established for the attack.
|Do not touch monks or hug statues.|
- WANTED: Police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland are offering up to $5,000 in reward money for information leading to the suspect's arrest. Anyone with information may call police at (510) 238-3426 or Crime Stoppers at (510) 777-8572.
Buddhist monk stabbed by fellow monk in East Oakland
|Irish tragedy in Berkeley|
- Police: Oakland monk attacked fellow monk with knife (CBS Sacramento)
- Beyond injuries, Irish balcony survivors face "immense mental trauma"
- Heroine cop from Jaycee Dugard case has breast cancer
- Crooked white prison officials plot murder, aid prisoner escape; manhunt costs 1 million per day to have 800+ police wandering around pretending to hunt collecting overtime and not doing the work they are actually paid for doing