|Cartoonist Terry Blas (scpr.org)|
It's the eternal question for millions of Spanish speakers who live in the United States: Am I Latino, Hispanic and does it matter?
"This is where it gets dicey," Blas said. "My comic, I think, explores some very simplified answers to some really complex terms that people feel have a lot of meanings."
- Hispanic: anyone who comes from a Spanish-speaking country.
- Latino: anyone who comes from Latin America.
|North America carved into countries.|
- To listen to the full interview, click on the audio player.
Amy Goodman, Juan González, et al. (DemocracyNow.org)
- Greece: Alexis Tsipras Resigns, Says He Will Run in Snap Elections
- July was Hottest Month on Record; 2015 on Pace to Be Hottest Year
- Washington: Gov. Calls Wildfires "An Unprecedented Cataclysm"
- San Joaquin Valley Is Sinking as a Result of Groundwater Extraction
- Jeb Bush Defends Use of Controversial Term "Anchor Babies"
- Judge: Hillary Clinton’s Private Email Violated "Government Policy"
- Macedonia Declares State of Emergency to Address Migration
- With 2 New Accusations, Number of Bill Cosby’s Accusers Surpasses 50
- Pentagon Looking at Prisons in U.S. to Relocate Gitmo Prisoners
- New Campaign Calls on 5 Top Museums to Divest from Fossil Fuels
- Jimmy Carter Reveals Cancer Has Spread to His Brain
|Poetry and words take a stand at Pacifica Radio, Los Angeles (KPFK.org)|