Friday, October 19, 2018

Moving to China and Coming to USA (video)

Vivi, LaoWhy86, 2017; CC Liu, Crystal Quintero, Seth Auberon (eds.), Wisdom Quarterly
What I Wish I Knew Before I Moved to China

Moving to another country is a big task. Moving to China is an even bigger task. We've all heard stories about moving or traveling to Japan, but China is a more difficult adventure. Exploring China and Chinese people and living in China to become an expat is a challenge. Whether it be Chinese food, the Chinese language, or all kinds of stuff, there are things I wish I knew before I moved there.

Vivi, my Chinese wife, had a great time in America. But the USA is not without its oddities. Being American, I forget some of the weird things we do and some of the stranger aspects of our country. My wife points out the weirdest and strangest things about American culture, food, and much more in comparison to China. Living in China for so long, I also had a bit of reverse culture shock when going back to the USA for a visit. From the cold, the huge sodas, to massive food portion sizes, it gets weird.

No comments: