Saturday, November 5, 2022

Is That BLACK Enough for You? (film)

ITBEFY; Louis Armstrong: Black & Blues; Sushmita's Diaries; Eds., Wisdom Quarterly

Not Black enough: cultural scapegoating
(The Situational Therapist) Aug. 15, 2021. I have grown up hearing from friends, family, and others that I was not Black enough. Black and white people always said I was "acting white, dressing white, and talking white." I have always felt this experience of othering in the Black community left significant emotional scars, but I was not able to articulate it until I became a therapist. People who feel they are too Black for white people and too white for Black people all have experienced some form of being scapegoated by their family. Like this video? Please consider donating or joining my app The Situational Practice

No comments: