Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tiger Woods: Redemption Buddhist Style

One City blog: Beliefnet.com
Earlier this week Fox News Anchor Brit Hume made a mini controversy when he appealed for Tiger Woods to turn to Christianity to deal with his recent scandal, Brit said this: "He is said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith."

I don't know what Brit's experience with Buddhist teachings are, but I spent the first 18 years of my life reciting the Lord's Prayer and the last three reciting the "seven day meditation vow" and would like to offer from my perspective the opinion that the teachings of the Buddha have a lot of forgiveness and redemption to offer, as much as the graceful and powerful teachings of Jesus Christ do. More>>

No comments: