|Bangladeshi Buddhist devotees light candles at Nandakanon temple, Chittagong, on the occasion of Madhu Purnima, the biggest festival behind Vesak, which commemorates the Buddha spreading the message of peace (The Star Daily).|
This event -- Madhu Purnima -- is commemorated in Buddhist Bangladesh (particularly in Chittagong and the Hill Tract regions of a now predominantly Muslim country, which the British separated from India in a divide and conquer move as they departed after decades of colonial occupation).
It also led to a penetrating speech on profound aspects of the Dharma that leads to enlightenment:
|"All things are dependently originated."|
- Four Noble Truths
- Four Right Efforts
- Four Bases of Power
- Five Controlling Faculties
- Five Powers
- Seven Factors of Enlightenment
- Noble Eightfold Path.
- "Perhaps one does not assume form to be self but assumes that a self possesses form... form as in self... self as in form...
- or feeling (sensation) to be self... self as possessing feeling... feeling as in self... self as in feeling...
- or perception to be self... self as possessing perception... perception as in self... self as in perception...
- or formations to be self... self as possessing formations... formations as in self... self as in formations...
- or consciousness to be self... self as possessing consciousness... consciousness as in self... self as in consciousness. [These are the Five Aggregates of Clinging clung to as a self, soul, or ego, but it is wrong view to consider them such.]
|Wild animals were calmed around the Buddha.|