Monday, August 15, 2022

What does Heavy Metal manifest? (music)

Some boys just never grow up, like Hank and his pack of hoodlums (King of the Hill)

I want magic powers. - Shut up, Charles Brown.
Answer: More of the same? A better feeling state to continue on to healing (from despair to anger)? Why would anyone play this music? Hey, we're not all lotus buds and rosewood malas around here. Let's explore the flipside of manifestation. Do we sometimes attract exactly what we don't want more of?
There are spiritual dark dimensions. There must be. Dimmu Borgir says so. There are other routes traveled by the angry -- those frustrated in their desires. They didn't get what they want, or got exactly what they didn't want, and are now complaining bitterly about it, usually in another world, another dimension. But these fine boys are here in this mostly pleasant dimension, and listen to them wail. Are they kidding? Putting up a front of toughness for the other boys to see, to gain what they want, fame and/or notoriety? Who can say, who can say? Das kapital, and das rock 'n roll.

Here you go, Chucky!
We spin in rounds of greed, hatred, and delusion (attraction, aversion, and confusion). This is samsara, the endless round of suffering and rebirth. But there is a way to transcend it, to abandon our habits of attraction, revulsion, and confusion when we meet with the pleasant, unpleasant, and (boring) neutral.

Let's listen in on their said tales (lyrics) of woe. What has it gotten them? Well, for one thing a concert at the Art Colony in Pomona (featuring Carnifex, Spite, Let Them Suffer, and Crown Magnetstar), at a venue known as The Glass House. Don't throw stones, guys.


LYRICS: "Die Without Hope" by Carnifex
I have never felt so f*cking numb/ In front of the mirror with a loaded gun/ Every word you read is stained in blood/ This gets sick cause I'm mind-f*cked/ I've died and my body turned to rust/ An empty carcass left to rot back to dust/ Like a casket in a shallow grave/ Out of sight, but I promise it will never go away/ These words may sound all the same/ I have bled to death on every page/ Watch as my heart turns to stone/ Watch me die without hope/ I don't want to break your heart with mine/ Everything I know about life is a lie/ This is what I feared the most/ Wanting love but chasing ghosts/ And it won't matter when I forget your name/ You know exactly what I am, and you know I love the pain/ Remember my words but forget my face/ Every f*cking scar screams your name...


LYRICS: "Caved In" by Spite
Oppressed by the tyrants/ Either shut the f*ck up or join the calamity/ Sign away your f*cking lives/ The path they paved with gold is the road to f*cking suicide/ Pulled apart in all directions/ Drawn and quartered/ Follow me in insurrection/ Follow me as we take over control/ Move/ Bite off the hand that feeds/ I am the true king/ I bow to nothing/ I won't fall in line/ Become a victim to your code/ No I won't/ Now say it/ True hatred reigns supreme/ Wrath/ Gut the suit and ties/ I won't live a lie/ I am the true king/ I bow to nothing/ I won't fall in linе/ Become a victim to your code/ No I won't/ Now say it/ I won't livе a lie/ I am the true king/ I bow to nothing/ Bow to nothing/ It's blood for blood/ Ensured all debts will be paid/ Rolled around in shards of glass/ Uproot your world to dust and ash/ F*ck you, you yuppy b*tch-made ugly f*cking cowards/ Hell hath no fury like my wrath-driven power/ Gut the suit and ties/ Retrieve their f*cking heads/ Hail, to your new-crowned kings/ Hail, true f*cking hatred reigns supreme/ Glory be to the serpentine sovereign/ Money can't buy the devil in me/ Hail, to your-new crowned kings/ Hail, true f*cking hatred reigns supreme

No comments: