Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Punk or Zen: 10 Ox-Herding Pictures (video)

Tod (Monrovia Meditation Group), Jen B. (DB Meditation), Dhr. Seven (ed.), Wisdom Quarterly

Ten Ox-Herding Pictures
(The Middle Way) July 16, 2015. The ox has never been lost. What need is there to search? Only because of separation from its true nature do we fail to find it. The ultimate Truth sets one free.

Searching (D.R.I./Dirty Rotten Imbeciles)

LYRICS: "The Explorer" (D.R.I.)
Day after day I comb my brain
Searching for words that sound the same
Choosing these words and making them fit
Hoping somehow they'll all make sense

If they don't don't blame me
I'm exploring my identity
I set the stage for the anonymous play
Composing good and evil in an offhand sort of way

So if you should turn on me
It's because you don't understand and won't
Until you assemble the fragmented picture
Of a shattered man

Searching
Searching
Searching
Searching

I'm searching
And my own mind
Is my latest greatest
Most fabulous find

I had to explore everything
All the drugs and drink
Cut my d*ck off with a butterknife in the sink
Lived in jail for a thousand or more years

Got lost for fifteen-million more at Sears
Never know what I might do next
Destroy myself 
Discover this karmic debt

(Spike Cassidy) Feb. 21, 2015 Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises, "The Explorer" by D.R.I. from Dealing With It! (Millennium Edition) ℗ 2007 Beer City Digital.  Released on: 2007-04-09.

No comments: