Monday, May 4, 2009

Buddha Boy's MESSAGE (English)


Buddha Boy speaks (English translation below)

Rare footage of the Buddha Boy -- the teenage Bodhisattva, Ram Bahadur Bomjon, also known as Palden Dorje -- who has been meditating for years without taking food or water. He speaks to the world in his native Nepalese. (See WQ English translation below).

He has continued to meditate without food. This feat is similar to an offer made by deities (devas) to the bodhisattva Siddhartha Gautama before he became the Buddha. When deities saw that he was fasting to the extreme of nearly dying, they offered to infuse his pores with ambrosia (their fine-material sustenance). He declined so as to not inadvertently mislead people, who presumed he was indeed fasting.

Buddha Boy is sometimes misunderstood (and misnamed) "the reincarnation of Buddha." Of course, this is a misunderstanding of terms and Buddhist ideas. He is a bodhisattva.

BUDDHA BOY'S MESSAGE (translation)

A message of peace to the world:

"Murder, violence, greed, anger, and temptation have made the human world a desperate place. A terrible storm has descended upon the human world. And this is carrying the world towards destruction. There is only one way to save the world and that is through Dharma (spiritual practice).

"When one does not walk the right path of practice, this desperate world will surely be destroyed. Therefore, follow the spiritual path and spread this message to others. Never put obstacles, anger, or doubt in the way of anyone's meditation mission.

"I am only showing the way; you must seek the path on your own. What I will be, what I will do -- that the coming days will reveal. Human liberation, the liberation of all living beings, and peace in the world are my goal and my path.

"Homage to the Buddha, homage to the Community of the Buddha's followers, homage to the Community (Namo Buddha sangaya, Namo Buddha sangaya, namo sangaya). I am contemplating the release of this chaotic world from the ocean of emotion, our detachment from anger and temptation, without straying from the path for even a moment. I am renouncing my own attachment to life and my home forever. I am working to save all living beings.

"But in this undisciplined world, my life's practice is reduced to mere entertainment.

"The practice and devotion of many buddhas is directed at the world's betterment and happiness. It is essential but very difficult to understand that practice and devotion. It is easy to lead an ignorant existence, because human beings do not understand that one day we must leave this uncertain world and go with the Lord of Death [Yama].

"Our long attachments with friends and family will dissolve into nothingness. We have to leave behind the wealth and property we have accumulated. What is the use of my happiness when those who have loved me from the beginning -- my mother, father, brothers, relatives -- are all unhappy?

"Therefore, to rescue all sentient beings, I have to be Buddha-mind, and emerge from my underground cave to do Vajra meditation. To do this I have to realize the right path and knowledge.

"So please do not disturb my practice.

"My practice detaches me from my physical body, my subtle body, and this existence.

"In this situation there will be 72 Kali deities. Different deities will be present, along with the sound of thunder and lightning, and all the male and female celestial deities (devas and devis) will be performing rituals (pujas).

"So until I have sent a message, do not come here.

"And please explain this to others. Spread spiritual knowledge, the Dharma, throughout the world. Spread the message of world peace to all. Seek the right path and wisdom will be yours."

VAJRA MEDITATION

Vajra वज्र (Tibetan, dorje) is a Sanskrit word meaning both thunderbolt and diamond. As a tangible accoutrement, the vajra (pictured left) is a short metal weapon that has the symbolic nature of a diamond (in that it can cut any substance but not be cut itself) and that of a thunderbolt (an irresistible force).

The vajra is believed to represent firmness of spirit and spiritual power. It is a ritual tool or spiritual device symbolically used by Buddhism, Jainism, and Hinduism. Because of its symbolic importance, the vajra spread along with Indian religion and culture to other parts of Asia.

The equivalent word in Tibetan is dorje, which is also a common male name in Tibet and Bhutan. Dorje can also refer to a small sceptre held in the right hand by Tibetan lamas during religious ceremonies.


No comments: