|Amethyst quartz cluster from Magaliesburg, South Africa (wikipedia)|
|Purple amethyst quartz (silveradditions.co.uk)|
|The sixth chakra at the 3rd eye is violet|
|Seven centers of light and sound|
|A dazzling collection of sparkling gemstones (suprapowers.com)|
|The Buddha reflected (nojustnut/flickr.com)|
...6. I will teach you a Dharma,
not hearsay but to be directly seen.
Whoever discovers it and knows it,
and lives by it with mindfulness,
will transcend craving for the world.
7. Prosperity in life is plain,
decline in life is also plain:
one who loves the Dharma prospers,
one who hates the Dharma declines.
8. Thoroughly understanding the Dharma
and freed from longing through insight,
the wise one rid of all [clinging]
is calm as a pool unstirred by wind.
9. Those to whom the Dharma is clear
are not led into other doctrines;
perfectly enlightened with perfect knowledge,
10. Not by water is one made pure
though many people may here bathe [in sacred rivers],
but one in whom there is truth and Dharma,
that person is pure, one is a [real] Brahmin.
11. The path is called "straight,"
"without fear" is the destination;
the carriage is called "silent"
and its wheels are right effort.
12. Conscience is the rail and
mindfulness the upholstery,
Dharma is the driver and
right view runs ahead of it.
13. And whether it be a woman,
or whether it be a man,
whoever travels by this carriage
shall draw close to nirvana.
14. Of all the medicines in the world,
manifold and various,
there is none like the medicine of Dharma:
therefore, O disciples, drink of this.
15. Having drunk this Dharma medicine,III. The Defilements
one will be ageless and beyond death;
having developed and seen the truth,
one will be quenched, free from craving.
16. Bound by desire, tied to becoming,
fettered tightly by wrong views,
yoked to ignorance, whirled around:
thus beings wander through rebirth,
dying only to be reborn again.
17. Neither gold nor minted coins
can make the defilements disappear.
Sense cravings are enemies and killers,
hostile darts, rigid bonds.
18. Desire is agitating and deceiving,
a source of mental pain,
a net cast out by Mara [the Tempter]
to entangle and defile beings.
19. Were there a mountain made of gold,
double that would not be enough
to satisfy a single person:
know this and live accordingly. More