|Smells totally crunchy, bro! - I beg your pardon, valued patron? - Medicine for my girlfriend.|
|Pot is safe until smoked (in a bikini)|
|Hey, monkey, don't drink and drive! (BO)|
Meanwhile, the public health community is warning of a potential safety problem: more people driving while stoned, whatever "stoned" means. Health officials and law enforcement do not yet have the data or tools to define or address the concern.
|A substance is something to abstain from and avoid if it is being used with the intention of getting high and dissociating. Mindfulness and acceptance would be better strategies.|
Inside the Lodo Wellness Center, shoppers do not seem particularly worried about getting behind the wheel with pot in their systems -- since it lingers in fat for days or weeks, long after one is "high."
"You could smoke about an ounce and still have your motor skills," says 39-year-old Dante Cox. "When it comes to one shot of alcohol, all that goes out of the window."
Like Cox, several others say it's okay to smoke before driving, and it's definitely safer than drinking [alcohol] and driving.
[And it is yet another issue that can be used to push for a more oppressive "police state" in America under every possible pretext.] He tells NPR's Arun Rath that there's a prevalent feeling in American culture that marijuana is no big deal.
Alcohol-related crashes still kill around 10,000 people a year, and research clearly shows how drinking alcohol affects driving. The impact of marijuana is much less clear. More
- Pot measure withdrawn, 2 others still aim for ballot
- Feds issue roadmap to banks on legal pot business
- What can the new legal pot industry learn from USA's failed alcohol Prohibition?
- Drug-sniffing dogs pose challenge with legalized pot
- Jewish American held in Israel for murder killed
- As the economy struggles, Venezuelans hit the streets
- Will AZ gov. sign controversial "religious freedom" bill?
- Cal State Los Angeles debates the meaning of "diversity"
- Does gov.'s water proposal address CA's drought needs?
|Ukraine gets a new president due to protests|