|"White savior," Goddess Artemis, Jen Lawrence in the "Hunger Games" (esquire.com)|
|James Dean and Natalie Wood in 1955's "Rebel Without a Cause"|
|I'm an F-word "rebel," grrr!|
|Step out of line, black sheep, just try it.|
|Why not drink Duff like that drone Homer?|
|Just laugh. Life is so much better that way.|
|Just eat, dummy, but eat off trucks in parking lots (lastreetfoodfest.com)|We're total rebels at corporate festivals (LAT)
- Where's the next wave of transformation coming from?
- Will rebels be from the music scene as in past generations?
- Do we actually rebel against anything anymore, or has social media technology made us complacent sheep? ("I'm starting a Facebook petition and a #hashtag so, yeah, take that NSA!")
- Could it be that there are still forms of rebellion taking place but that we don’t recognize them as easily because they aren’t taking the same form they once did?
|So stop thinking; start knowing (Saara Arkiharha)|
|Pussy Riot means progress for Russia.|
- Anniversary of world's first "comic" book ON THIS DAY IN 1802 – The first comic book was published, in New York, “The Wasp,” created by Robert Rusticoat.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY: The Beatles' Ringo Starr (75) celebrates birthday in Hollywood day after Dalai Lama (80), George W. Bush (69), Sylvester "Rocky" Stallone (69) celebrated
- Why not follow the Pope around like a "Fish" concert? (Don't you guys mean Phish? No, we were thinking about that other thing, you know, the decal on cars)
- Bill Cosby has a cure for insomnia (but it comes with a catch)
- Harry Shearer to return to "The Simpsons"!