No, it's not Africa like we're all taught. Slaves came from America! Wow, they enslaved and
|Latin-American singer Christina Aguilera|
Now everyone in the U.S. and Europe takes it for granted, unless you're Latino/a. Then you can be as "white" as Christina Aguilera or Wonder Woman Lynda Carter, but have a drop of Spanish blood (which is all European and not at all native) or a Spanish surname and you're "brown."
|Latin-American Wonder Woman|
Who knew MTV (pronounced eMpTyV) was still around or ever doing anything good? We hear they want to bring music videos back, but that's just a rumor. It didn't pay enough the first time. Happy College Signing Day.
- How ernie wayne ter telgte tertelgte did it, but you can't (but you could if you knew your rights)
- VIDEO: ernie, The Montana Living Natural Man, explains
- VIDEO: ernie ter telgte as Euro Native American
- In jail for contempt: bozemandailychronicle.comThe Bozeman Chronicle editorial board released a statement objecting to WEST banning all recording and spectators from ernie's court proceedings: bozemandailychronicle.com
- AP wins Pulitzer stories on slavery in the seafood industry The AP won the Pulitzer Prize for public service for documenting the use of slave labor in Southeast Asia to supply seafood to American tables -- an investigation that spurred the release of more than 2,000 captive slaves.
- AP reporter's story on the seafood slaves
- Trial of ex-reserve who fatally shot unarmed man
- Vatican: Sanders blasts "immoral" wealth inequality
- 2 officers shot man dead at Walmart in Phoenix
- Ohio community rattled by killing of family of 8
- Jennifer Lawrence went braless, Internet went crazy
- US to send 200+ troops, Apache helicopters to Iraq The U.S. gov't wants to deploy more than 200 additional troops to Iraq and to send eight Apache helicopters to kill in a fight against the alleged Islamic State group in Iraq, the first major increase in U.S. forces in nearly a year, defense officials said.
- An Indigenous Peoples History of the United States
- Pentagon misled lawmakers on military-sexual-assault rates The Pentagon misled Congress by using inaccurate or vague information about cases of sexual assault [homosexual and heterosexual rape of fellow troops] in an effort to blunt support for a Senate bill that would make a major change in how the military handles allegations of sexual misconduct, an AP investigation found.
- Style: 4 cute milkmaid-braids that only look complicated
- Ocean Vuong: famous Vietnamese-American poet's journey