- Best Sex Shops of Hollywood, Los Angeles (Yelp)
- Catholics withholding donations amid gay-priest child molestation scandals in Pennsylvania
- New Catholic Church: Now With Less Molestation
- The Hajj: Islam's holiest pilgrimage for Muslims
- Racist white cop in Texas murders teen after shooting car full of blacks: I had to shoot at them [blanks]
- The Buddhist Magazine (tricycle.org)
- Google creates then deletes LA neighborhoods that never existed
- Confederate statue on UNC campus toppled by protesters
- Trump is a bad president Enquirer did not report on
- How not to be fat anymore (trimdownclub.com) 17 of the best things to do in Southern CaliforniaIt's not just you, the mosquitoes really are worse this year
Thursday, August 23, 2018
The Buddha, the Monk, and the Prostitute
Sadguru (Shemaroo Spiritual Life); Crystal Quintero, Seth Auberon (eds.), Wisdom Quarterly
Ven. Ananda (a stream enterer) was the Buddha's cousin (or his son from Mrigi) not his older brother. Sadhguru Vasudev is a Hindu holyman, who like most Hindus regards "Lord Buddha" as a Hindu god, an "incarnation" of Lord Vishnu (like Jesus Christ, though no one considers Christianity a sub-tradition of universalist Hinduism).
Why did Gautama Buddha send a monk to a prostitute? Sadhguru tells a story about why Gautama the Buddha sent his monastic disciple and Shakyian (Scythian) relative to stay at a prostitute’s house published on April 30, 2018.
(Sadhguru) Non-Buddhist Hindu tries to explain Buddhism