Sunday, February 16, 2020

That time I cheated on my wife (comedy)

Taxi (Season 5, Episode 4); Nazareth; Ashley Wells, Seth Auberon, CC Liu, Wisdom Quarterly


Peace of mind: hard to keep, hard to find.
Would you cheat on your partner to enjoy having sex with someone else? What about to save your life? It's all a mess when egos (becoming), attachment (clinging), and infidelity (cheating) get tangled up. Enter religion to save the day? No, that often just makes it worse. But we have spiritual values and a mental outlook that definitely impact what we choose, how we feel, and how we respond to living in Samsara (the Ocean of Disappointment and Rebirth).

If only there were a Nirvana, a safe "refuge" from all the disappointment, pain, and suffering in the universe. If only there were a way to get off this samsaric carousel! This must be that liberation the Buddha was always talking about, the path to freedom the Enlightened One pointed out again and again. We only even begin to listen when the pain gets so hopeless and bad that we need an escape to reality. Because this is not reality, this is an illusion. Where's the real? How do I get to the real?

I thought sex was my friend, that our relationship was my even better friend. Then the worlds collided. Now I need a life raft to safety.

"Love hurts," the sappiest song in the world goes, "love scars, love wounds and marks any heart not tough or strong enough to take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain. Love is like a cloud, holds a lot of rain...

Love is like a flame. It burns you when it's hot.... Some fools think of happiness, blissfulness, togetherness. Some fools fool themselves I guess. They're not foolin' me. I know it isn't true, I know it isn't true. Love is just a lie made to make you blue..."

No comments: