Monday, August 8, 2022

Rock gods MUSE: "Plug in Baby" (live)

Muse live at Olympic Rome Stadium; Genius.com (lyrics); Eds., Wisdom Quarterly

Some devas really know how to shine, and this Muse guy, OMD (oh my deva), he's the one, guitar god, rock god, stadium lord. Look at him go. Muse only pretends to be a three-piece band. But this much sound has a lot of help from behind the scenes with session musicians and prerecorded segments. Let's not kid ourselves. It's still great; it's even greater. This is musicianship of a higher order, one guy playing two guitar parts at once...or is it partly on tape?

LYRICS: I've exposed your lies, baby./ The underneath's no big surprise./ Now it's time for changing./ And cleansing everything./ To forget your love.// [Chorus:] My plug in baby/ Crucifies my enemies/ When I'm tired of giving, whoa./ My plug in baby/ In unbroken virgin realities/ Is tired of living.// Don't confuse/ Baby you're gonna lose/ Your own game./ Change me/ And replace the envying/ To forget your love.//  My plug in baby/ Crucifies my enemies/ When I'm tired of giving, whoa/ My plug in baby/ In unbroken virgin realities/ Is tired of living.// And I've seen your loving./ Mine is gone./ And I've been in trouble, wooaahhh.

No comments: