(Blink967) At least Pepsi, which is just as bad, makes funny ads using Buddhist monks.
"Coco cola" was originally concocted as a syrupy medicinal drink using tropical ingredients and dispensed at soda shops. The addition of massive amounts of sugar alone made it habit forming and carcinogenic. Cancer rates going up and hitting people younger? What a surprise. Adding alcohol, cocaine, caramel coloring, and neurotoxins (synthetic replacement of the original tropical fruit and nut oils) then cinched its addictive profile.
Snorting Coke? Soft drinks train us for hard (fermented) drinks.
This gave us the need we have felt ever since to drink this poisonous chemical brew, ride the sugar spike, and hit a low lower than we began with, which leads us to think another would be a good idea. Coca Cola remains the only American corporation with the legal right to import coca leaf and legally produce the illicit drug cocaine. It claims to no longer use it in its formulation, but it retains the right to produce it in great quantities (for sale to labs, street kids, the CIA?)
- sugar - 30 lbs
- cocaine (fluid extract of coca) - 3 drams
- alcohol - 8 oz
- oils of orange, lemon, nutmeg, coriander, neroli, cinnamon (tree bark)
- citric acid, caffeine, lemon juice, vanilla
- soda water (necessary or it would be impossible to consume this cloying amount of sugar without the body rejecting it by vomiting or avoiding it due to surfeit.
- Is it true Coca Cola once contained cocaine?
- VIDEO: Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills
- The exact ingredients and how to make it (PDF)
- This American Life press release
|FE Coca |
(Fluid Extract of Coca)
|3 drams USP||4 oz FE Coco|
|Citric Acid||3 oz||3 oz|
|Caffeine||1 oz||1oz Citrate Caffein|
|Sugar||30 #||30 #|
|Water||2.5 gal||2.5 gal|
|Lime Juice||2 pints (1 qrt)||1 qrt|
|Vanilla||1 oz||1 oz|
|Caramel||1.5 oz or more to color||Color sufficient|
|Use 2 oz flavor (below) to 5 gals syrup||2.5 oz flavor|
|Alcohol||8 oz||1 qrt|
|Orange Oil||20 drops||80|
|(The Pemberton formula for 7X is the same as the Beal, just four times as much.)|
- To make fluid extract of coca. Buy whole leaf coca tea. Instructions for making coca extract from this can be found online. You don't need much. The recipe calls for 3 fluid drams, which is equivalent to 1/8 of a fluid ounce or -- an easier measurement for a home kitchen -- 3/4 of a tablespoon.
- Make the syrup. Once you have your 7X flavor, and your fluid extract of coca, you are ready to mix them with your other ingredients to make the syrup. Mix your ingredients in this order: water, sugar, then coloring, then coca extract, then vanilla extract, then caffeine, then lime juice, and citric acid.