|Vishvakarma or "Carpenter's Cave," Ajanta/Ellora Buddhist archeological site India, has a carved cathedral-shaped ceiling giving the impression of wooden beams (nozomiiqel/CC)|
|Buddha at Sukhothai (Aidan McRae Thomson/flickr)|
..."These four, young householder, should be understood as Foes in the Guise of Friends:
- one who borrows your possessions,
- one who renders lip-service,
- one who flatters,
- one who encourages ruin.
One gives little wanting much in return.
What one must do one does out of fear.
One is always looking out for selfish ends.
- One speaks proudly of favors attempted in the past.
- One makes friendly vows regarding the future.
- One tries to gain favor with empty words.
- One pleads inability when an opportunity to be of service actually arises.