Based on the best-selling religious studies book by Joseph Atwill, this documentary shows that:
- Jesus is not a historical figure,
- the events of Jesus' life were based on a Roman military campaign,
- his supposed "second coming" refers to a historical event that already occurred,
- the teachings of the Christ [Christós, "the Anointed One," a king, emperor or "king of kings"] came from the ancient pagan mystery schools, and
- the Gospels were written by a family of Caesars and their supporters, who left us documents to prove it.
|Coming soon: a better Jesus ("Son of Zeus")|
The official history provided by the Roman Catholic Church [an arm of the self-proclaimed "Holy Roman Empire"] does not hold up to rigorous scrutiny.
Scholars agree that Christianity (particularly the more popular universalist/catholic version, the biggest religion in the world) was used as a political tool to control the masses of the day.
It is still being used this way today. Much like the ancient era from which Christianity emerged, we are currently on the brink of an immense paradigm shift.
Studying this history can help us understand modern-day politics and give us a much-needed perspective for coming up with solutions to today's problems to create a better world most of us envision.
The seven featured biblical scholars are:
- Joseph Atwill
- Robert Eisenman
- John Hudson
- Kenneth Humphreys
- Rod Blackhirst
- Acharya S/D.M. Murdock
- Timothy Freke.