Thursday, January 28, 2021

Meditation's boring! The mind-body problem

Olivia Kissper; Ananda (Dharma Buddhist Meditation), Jen B., Dhr. Seven, Wisdom Quarterly

(Olivia Kissper, 9/28/20) 💜 WARNING: Some meditation can get a person high, like this kaleidoscope psychedelic trip with visuals. This is a trippy audio-visual "meditation," a treat for the senses that culminates in a relaxing journey.


They say joy, energy, and clarity are possible. But sitting meditation is boooorrring. There, I said it.

I want to start the journey of making life how I dreamed. I meditated before, starting off on the path deep into myself and everything.

I started to discover how relaxed and at peace I could feel. But then it got boring.

I asked a teacher who said boredom is the result not of meditation but of expectations, craving, aversion, and delusion. "It's uncomfortable, and keep going." That was the advice.

To keep going, I reflect on the benefits of meditation (sitting, standing, walking, lying down) and mindfully doing everything else by monotasking to be in the moment instead of entertained and distracted.

We love our distractions and crave compelling entertainments to get there. So what are the BENEFITS to living meditatively and mindfully?
  • Rewired brain for optimal mental function
  • Increased balance and ability to handle life dynamics
  • Heightened clarity and creativity of all kinds
  • Greater peace of mind, relaxation, well being
  • Enhanced vitality and life energy
  • Better self awareness
  • Enhanced sense of purpose
  • Connection to inner guidance
  • Improved focus and concentration
  • Increased self-confidence
  • Softened pain, stress, tension (mental, physical, emo)

No comments: