But he explained, if all it took were prayer, Who would not have them? Who would not pray for them if that's all it took?
- Restraint in terms of not taking life
- Restraint in terms of not taking what is not given
- Restraint in terms of not taking liberties with those involved in committed relationships
- Restraint in terms of not taking liberties with the truth
- Restraint in terms of not taking intoxicants that result in careless behavior
- Ahimsa (harmlessness or non-harming).
But what is prayer? Almost everyone today, and this video in particular, thinks it is merely petitioning. But as Gregg Braden points out in The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer, there are missing modes of prayer. The most powerful of these modes is "praying" by giving thanks and feeling the feelings as if the desired end had already come to pass. This idea was exploited by the movie The Secret and the wave of self-help gurus, books, and seminars hawking a Universe-as-ATM mentality. The movie left out the initial impetus for its "secret," Esther (Abraham) and Jerry Hicks' Ask And It Is Given interviews on the Law of Attraction.