- Jews in the Los Angeles mosaic (Autry Museum) "Arguably the most ambitious attempt to encapsulate [L.A.'s] vibrant history" (Jewish Journal). Explore how a growing Jewish community settled, prospered, and helped shape the economy, politics, and culture of a city -- and how the diversity and dynamism of Los Angeles have transformed the local Jewish community for the past 160 years.
- What makes a Jewish movie?
- Community Gardening (FREE, Saturdays)
- ART: Lorraine Schneider (Primer, 1966, etching) originally created this piece for an art competition that limited the work to a four-inch square. It became the logo of the organization "Another Mother for Peace" and the most famous anti-war poster of the War on Vietnam era. Schneider grew up in Boyle Heights, the daughter of Jewish immigrants (on loan courtesy of Carol Schneider and Family, photo by Susan Einstein).
- Leaked document shows broad US government surveillance of online communication in PRISM program
- Week 1 of Bradley Manning trial: supervisor ordered Manning to analyze field reports, Adrian Lamo describes online exchange
- Families of Palestinian prisoners push for visitation rights, better treatment in Israel