|Amitabha Buddha (center) with his female assistants Mahasthamaprapta Bodhisattva and Kwan Yin Bodhisattva, Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, China (Tengu800/wiki).|
|Ling Yen temples worldwide are in the Taiwanese Pure Land tradition and branches of Ling Yen Shan monastery near Puli, Nantou, Taiwan, founded by Master Miao Lien (wiki).|
|Ksitigarbha vowed to save beings from the hells|
|Goddess Kwan Yin is the Bodhisattva of Wise-Compassion for all (AmitabhaBuddha)|
|Amitabha Pureland (dawaarts)|
- Ksitigarbha Dharma Service
- Sept. 2-8, 2013, 8:00 am-9:40 pm (daily)
- 13938 Decliff Dr., Etiwanda CA 91739
- Telephone: (909) 463-0189
|"Family" goes back seven generations.|
|Namu Amida Butsu (Shane James Kramer)|
- Sunday (9-1-13): Sanctuary Purification Ceremony where participants who desire to sleep over in the monastic compound, both males and females, register in advance.
- Monday: The Eight Precepts and Fasting Ceremony 8:00 am, morning service at 8:30 am.
- Daily recitation of Sutra of Bodhisattva Ksitigarbha and recitation of his name.
- Wednesday: "Universal Worship of the Buddha and Bodhisattva" in the morning service to celebrate the birthday.
- Thursday: The first day of the eight month of the Chinese lunar calendar with recitation of the Jeweled Censer Praise (Incense Anthem Pao Ting) and prostrate to the Mahayana Buddhist Patriarchs.
- Saturday: Three Steps One Prostration Pilgrimage at 7:00 pm.
- Sunday (9-8-13): Taking Guidance Ceremony will be held in the afternoon (with advance registration).
- MERIT: The temple welcomes practitioners to sow fields of blessings by donating toward the vegetarian meals offered to the public, which helps establish positive affinity.
- During this Dharma Service, plaques for the living and departed will be available, with large plaque accommodating up to eight people.
- Remember: Participants requesting to stay in the temple overnight must register in advance.