- PLAY (Uprising! 8-28-13, 8:00 am) - KPFK download
- PLAY (Democracy Now!, 6:00 am) - KPFK download
- The Problem with MLK's Speech: I have a copyright
- Journeys Toward Peace (Robert S. Browne)
- Martin Luther King Jr. and Los Angeles Jews
- VIDEO: Another march on Washington, D.C.
|Peace Pagoda, Ladakh, Himalayas (creative_pixels)|
Whose name is remembered and lauded as a sustainable movement? If we fight violent-power with violent-power, the more violently-powerful win, and we continue to live oppressed by violence.
|MLK, Thay, Browne (digitalunion.osu.edu)|
"They've also gained recognition and respect as human beings much faster than you and I. Just ten years ago on the African continent, our people were colonized.
"They were suffering all forms of colonization, oppression, exploitation, degradation, humiliation, discrimination, and every other kind of -ation. And in a short time, they have gained more independence, more recognition, more respect as human beings than you and I have.
"And you and I live in a country which is supposed to be the citadel of education, freedom, justice, democracy, and all of those other pretty-sounding words.
"So it was our intention to try and find out what it was our African brothers were doing to get results, so that you and I could study what they had done and perhaps gain from that study or benefit from their experiences."