|Ghost in window photographed by police in real life haunted house (Hammond Police Dept.)|
|Latoya Ammons, mother of possessed (IS)|
- Police recorded voice of unseen being on helmetcam
Officer Austin, a 36-year veteran of the Gary Police Department, said he initially thought Indianapolis resident Latoya Ammons and her family concocted an elaborate tale as a way to make money. But after several visits to their home and interviews with witnesses, Austin said simply, "I am a believer."
|Siddhartha faced Mara (a "devil") and "demons" (yakkhas) under the Bodhi tree.|
|Inside haunted house (Gary Police Dept.)|
|Brown Lady ghost (answers.com)|
Real-life demon possession – Details almost too horrifying to believe
Jan. 27, 2014)
|"Little goblins" (Duendecitos)|
"Goblins" in Buddhism
Dhr. Seven, Amber Larson, Wisdom Quarterly Wikipedia edit
|Ancient Greek "Pan"|
Kumbhāṇḍa was a dialectal form for "gourd," who may have gotten their name from being thought to resemble gourds in some way, for example in having big stomachs.
But kumbhāṇḍa can also be interpreted as "pot-egg" -- "pot" (kumbh ) and "egg" (aṇḍa), egg being a common euphemism for "testicle." These creatures were imagined as having testicles "as big as pots," much as salacious Pan is portrayed as constantly erect phallus.
|Modern mythical American "Goatmen" (AM)|
Kumbhāṇḍas are classed as earthlings subordinate to one of the Four Great Sky Kings (cāturmahārājikakāyika devas), namely the Regent Virūḷhaka, Guardian of the South. One of the chiefs of the kumbhāṇḍas is called Kumbhīra.
|"Angels" (generally good light-beings), humans, and "demons" (generally harmful light beings)|
Cops flee Bulawayo, Zimbabwe Police Station after "goblin" emerges from suitcase dumped there by family
Mafu Sithabile (bulawayo24.com, Jan. 17, 2014)
|Goblin (kumbhanda, duende) drawing|
The incident occurred at about 8:00 pm on Wednesday. A family that claimed a lodger owned the goblin [kumbandha, duende] brought it to the station in a suitcase.
"We heard some screaming from the charge office and most officers who had knocked off rushed to see what was happening. At first everyone gathered around the suitcase, wanting to see what was inside," said a cop.
|Real goblin/kumbhanda killed? (TW)|
"No one told anyone it was time to run. One minute, the charge office was full, the next, it was empty. I think some people went out through the windows because we could not all have fitted through the door. Fat cops and slim cops all ran for their lives screaming," said the cop. More
- "Goblin attack" closes Zimbabwe medical clinic, nurses refuse to return to work
- Explosion in Zimbabwe that killed 5 people was apparently the result of a "goblin disposal ceremony" gone wrong
- Zimbabwe clinic cleared of "goblins"
- Zimbabwe man tells court he sells goblins for a living
- Clinic in Zimbabwe forced to close because "goblins" are terrorizing staff
- "Goblins" force four Zimbabwe schools to close
- "Goblin" blamed for Zimbabwe underwear mystery
- VIDEO: "South Park" gnome steals underwear
- Goblins saga, girl dies under "mysterious" circumstances
- Goblins set family home ablaze?
- School closes as teachers flee from goblins
- Girls at Zimbabwe school "attacked by goblins"
- VIDEO: Asteroid impacts Wyoming state, USA?