|Left vs. Right: peace activist offers flowers to establishment army (wallpapervortex.com).|
My friends are a bunch of Bohemian left-leaning, vegetarian-ish, anti-establishment types, who think government “conspiracies” -- activities planned in advance rather than just events that happen for no particular reason -- are something to point out.
The left pushes against the sexism and racism and socioeconomic inequality of our Western history; the right seems to want to do all it can to conserve or it get back to an imaginary “golden age” of 1850's/1950's sexist, racist, class-bound “prosperity,” and that means being pro-war. We oppose war and a war mentality (like waging “war” on drugs, the poor, disease, education).
|The Buddha (B. Tan/flickr.com)|
|Meet you on the golf course? - Git 'er done!|
|Learning from the past. But wrong lesson.|
|Revolucion hasta la victoria siempre!|
The right wastes no time accusing Obama of every problem we face, when they were so quiet about Bush doing the same things. That leaves the left sitting on its hands. We can't criticize a guy who speaks so nicely, who says all the right things (even if they aren't true), and we sure can't side with right wing wackos.
|Living in harmony with local environment|
|Save Afghanistan; US out!|
- Why are US Special Operations Forces deployed in over 100 countries? (And why does the USA have over 900 overseas military bases in 130 countries around the planet?)
- Afghanistan is USA's most unpopular killing spree (CNN)
- Janet Yellen confirmed as first woman to head The Fed
- Seattle swears in female Socialist, Kshama Sawant
- Meryl Streep attacks Walt Disney on sexism, antisemitism
- VIDEO: The Man Who Will Not Burn (Thailand)
- India tells U.S. to close embassy club, exposing flaws in ties
- Climate change forces US Forest Service to change
- California drought: Winter snowpack "dismal" for water
- Delta Conservation Plan's lead joins environmentalists
- Gods in the Garden: Exploring religion and the environment
- British press less bad than mainstream American media
- VIDEO: Hairy Man of the Woods "Bigfoot" finally proved
- VIDEO: Former beauty queen shot dead in robbery
- Inside Russia's real Magic Mountain, super massive base
- AUDIO: Coming UFO Invasion (with Christian fanaticism)
This is the 50th anniversary of LBJ's "War on Poverty" address with Prof. Annelise Orleck, Dept. of History, Dartmouth College and Sharon Parrott, from the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.
|The Pentagram, our U.S. Dept. of War|