Hsi Lai Temple (Facebook), Lotus SoCal, and YAD-LA present "An Evening Under the Moon."
Buddhist nuns will be preparing jasmine tea and serving free moon cakes in the magnificent courtyard of a traditional Chinese (Taiwanese) Buddhist temple. Free, family friendly, open to the public, all are welcome.
- Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015, 7:30-9:00 pm
- Courtyard @ Hsi Lai Temple
- 3456 Glenmark Drive
- Hacienda Heights (on a hill dividing LA/OC), CA 91745
|Entrance gate looking north from Hsi Lai temple across the San Gabriel Valley toward the Angeles National Forest ten miles away under a rare cloudy L.A. County sky (dinewithdonna).|
For those coming, join the temple for a reflective evening under the moonlight where we will learn how Buddhism relates to the Chinese Moon Festival. Participate in small discussion groups with a temple nun while enjoying tasty moon cakes and tea. The program also includes: meditation, live music, and a candlelight ceremony.
|Crowd at Mon Festival (Wisdom Quarterly)|
2. What's the address? - 3456 Glenmark Dr, Hacienda Heights 91745.
3. How much is it? - It's FREE!
4. Is registration required? - Sort of, please RVSP.
5. What language is the event? - English and Mandarin.
|There really is a rabbit in the Moon -- as anyone can see. Now the People's Republic of China has landed a lunar rover as well to make it literal (makiepencollector).|