Friday, August 10, 2018

BAUS Summer Camp speech (郭恩裕)


.
BAUS 2018 Summer Camp: Closing Ceremony Teen Speech 郭恩裕
Kwan Yin Pusa/Prajna Paramita
When I first heard that I would be attending [summer] camp, of course I was excited about getting the chance to learn more about the [Buddhist] religion I had grown up with.

But honestly I didn’t have many high expectations. As someone coming from Virginia, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find friends and really had no idea what was going to happen. But in the end it all ended well.

I have made many great friends. I have met many amazing people. And the affect they had on me will last forever.
 
I believe that the experience and the knowledge I have gained will stick with me for the rest of my life. They are irreplaceable lessons.
 
One of the first lessons I learned regards our intentions and our actions, the theme of this year’s camp. There is bad and good karma [action] in this world.

I have learned that they are based on our good and bad intentions. They are affected by our [other] actions as well. Personally, I believe that if I have such good karma that I got the opportunity to attend this camp with others, I must have done something amazing in all my past lives to build that up.

Come see American Bhikkhu Bodhi.
Since I have worked so hard in my past lives and built up such karma, I want to continue to build it in this life so that I may one day in my next life meet everyone again.
 
I have been taught many lessons, and it has allowed my mind to blossom in so many ways. More

No comments: