- Library Journal’s "Best Books of 2013" selection
|How to Meditate (soundstrue.com)|
With How to Meditate, the American Buddhist nun presents her first book exploring in-depth what she considers the essentials for a lifelong meditation practice.
More and more people are beginning to recognize a profound inner longing for authenticity, connection, and aliveness.
Meditation, Ani explains, gives us a golden key to address this yearning. This step-by-step guide shows readers how to honestly meet and openly relate with the mind, embrace the fullness of our experience, and live in a wholehearted way as we discover:
- The basics of meditation, from getting settled and the six points of posture to working with your breath and cultivating an attitude of unconditional friendliness
- The Seven Delights―how moments of difficulty can become doorways to awakening and love
- Shamatha ("calm abiding"), the art of stabilizing the mind to remain present with whatever arises
- Thoughts and emotions as "sheer delight"―instead of obstacles―in meditation
|Author of this Buddhist classic|
- Customer reviews
- List $13.54
- Pema Chodron Foundation: The Buddhist Contemplative... learn more about Pema Chodron's work, teachings, and publications, and the vision of the Pema Chodron Foundation.
- Articles: The Pema Chodron Foundation
- Pema Chödrön: Shambhala (shambhala.org)
- American nun Pema Chödrön (Wikipedia)