Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's Your Favorite Meditation?


Text: Holly Lebowitz Rossi (BeliefNet.com, 8/4/09)

I've been a less-than-successful meditator lately, finding myself caught in a session-ending swirl of thoughts every time I've gone to sit quietly for even a few minutes. So I think it's time to kick up my game and find an appropriate meditation CD, download, or even DVD.

Here's the thing: I have a lousy history with such products. The last one I had was a heart meditation that left me gasping for breath. My heart felt like it was going to fly out of my chest. Before that, I tried a chakra-cleansing meditation that got faster and more manic as it moved up the chakra ladder. I was laughing out loud by the end, which was entertaining but not exactly theta-wave inducing.

Other than enjoying my teacher's short, beautiful guided meditations in yoga class, I've always kept my own meditation counsel, until now. It's guidance time. My first stop might be one of the:

I suspect the best course will be to try a few and see which one is the best fit for me. More>>