|The world's largest nagas still roam the seas, allegedly in increasing numbers (wiki)|
- Dreadnoughtus schrani ("dread nothing," the fearless) unearthed in Argentina is most complete skeleton of plant-eating titanosaur recovered anywhere in world.
- The unearthed specimen is 26-metre (metre=3 feet, 4 inches) long, making it the largest dinosaur ever known to have existed.
|Naga dragon (Daklub/flickr.com)|
|Living relic shark|
|Naga vs. naga as massive anaconda snake devours a crocodile in Australia (video still)|
|Theropod nest (news.nationalgeographic.com)|
The colossal dreadnoughts lived around 77 million years ago in a temperate forest at the southern tip of South America.
|Buddhist feathered dragons (cosforums.com)|
Another giant prehistoric animal, Argentinosaurus, was probably of comparable size but its dimensions are known only from a clutch of backbone vertebrae... More + VIDEO
|Nagas still lurk in rivers as they did in the Buddha's time. Here one, a Behemoth fish or arapaima, is dredged out of the Amazon river in South America, August 2014. The bigger a creature, the more likely it is to be vegetarian because such a diet is more efficient.|
|Seven headed Muccalinda (Tamchurch/flickr)|
- Why do males have built-in weapons?
- VIDEO: Fish, eels team up to catch prey, rare among animals
- Surprising Pictures: Wild Genet rides on Rhino
- Mystery Solved: How archerfish shoot water at prey with stunning precision
- Surprising Pictures: Wild "Cat" rides on rhino
- Twitter chat with Retronaut's Chris Wild
- Newfound "Pitbull" Asteroid will zip by Earth on Sunday
- Watch final summer Supermoon tonight
- VIDEO: Surfing goat and 5 other animals that catch waves
- 5 Sky Events This Week: Milky Way gems sparkle while Venus snuggles with Leo
|Snowden, a giant among humans|
- U.N.: Greenhouse Gas Levels Reach Record High
- Report: Southwestern U.S. at Higher Risk of "Megadrought"
- Iraqi Lawmakers Approve New Government
- EU OKs New Sanctions on Russia; Report Finds MH17 Hit by "High-Energy Objects"
- Yemeni Police Fire on Protesters, Killing 7
- Chile: Bomb Injures 7 in Subway Station
- Obama Extends Embargo on Cuba Despite Global Condemnation
- Top Anti-Logging Activist Murdered in Peru
- Report: Israel unlawfully coercing African migrants to leave
- U.S. Senate Advances Amendment to Overturn Citizens United
- Documents show secret U.S. plans to spy for the benefit of corporations
- SAC capital ex-trader sentenced to 9 years in prison
- Ray Rice suspended from NFL after beating fiancée
- City of Ferguson to adopt reforms after Mike Brown killing
- Ukrainian president offers limited autonomy to rebels
- Government to drop background-check firm USIS