|How it all began: under banyan tree, Nepal, '05|
|Years later he began to publicly talk.|
|He finally took food and drink months later.|
|A humble Buddhist speaks in Hindu terms.|
- Is Bomjon a Hindu sex guru?
- VIDEO: Herbs and Empires: A Brief History of Malaria Drugs: On orders from Mao, researchers set off on Nobel-winning drug work In the 1960s, China's Chairman Mao ordered scientists to find a malaria antidote to help ailing soldiers in North Vietnam. Today's Nobel Prize for medicine went to one of those researchers.
- 3 scientists win Nobel Prize in Medicine for work on parasite diseases
- "Chinglish" (EastWestPlayers.org)
- American businessman is desperately looking to score a lucrative contract for his family’s firm. He travels to China only to learn how much he doesn’t understand: His translators are unreliable, his consultant may be a fraud, and he is captivated by Xi, the beautiful, seemingly supportive government official who talks the talk -- but what is she saying, anyway? From East West Players’ favorite playwright comes an uproarious new comedy.
- INTERVIEW: "Chinglish" writer David Henry Wong (NPR)
- The Surreal Reasons Girls are Disappearing in El Salvador Refuse to share a pencil, turn down a date, say no to your imprisoned dad -- all of these can get a teen girl killed in El Salvador's [U.S.-created] gang war. How did El Salvador fall into a web of gang violence?
- FLOOD: "This is not over," S. Carolina Gov. Haley says of historic rain and flooding At least nine deaths were reported in the state, and some 70 miles of Interstate 95 are closed to traffic. Urging residents to check on their neighbors, Nikki Haley said, "When tragedy happens, we lift each other up."
- U.S. settles claims against BP over Deepwater Horizon spill for $20 billion Attorney General Loretta Lynch called the deal "the largest settlement with a single entity in American history."
|"Chinglish" - cross-cultural American comedy|
|Corp. pays off $100+B harm with $20B|