|Crib notes are unnecessary in Mantra Class. It's all rote repetition (tibetanlife.com).|
Avalokiteshvara/Kwan Yin has an associated mantra. It is called the Mani Mantra or Mantra of Universal Protection runs:
For one thing, they often begin with "om" (the universal sound). For another, they derive as much or more power/importance from their sounds or subtle vibration than from their intellectualized meaning. These vibrations relate to the human chakras. "Hum," for example, corresponds with the fifth energy-center at the throat/voice box.
- Om: the universal sound.
- mani: jewel.
- padme: lotus flower.
- hum: a seed-sound representing the spirit of enlightenment.
|I'm Avalokiteshavara, and I chant, Om mani...|
- Om Mani Padme Hum: When is this Tibetan Buddhist mantra used?
- Om Mani Padme Hum is the mantra Tibetan people repeat most often. It also makes a nice tattoo. Check inside for a picture.
- Tibetan Symbols: The Eight Auspicious Symbols
- There's an abundance of mystical symbols in Tibetan Buddhism (Vajrayana). These are the most important and best known.
- Tibetan Buddhist Temples, Gorgeous Hand Made Temple in India
- Tibetan Buddhist temples are among the most beautiful. Come look at the one yours truly built up in the Himalayas of India!
- Tibetan Monk: Interview With a Lama
- Impressive Tibetan monk (lama) is interviewed. Many Tibetans escaped from Tibet after the Chinese invasion and are still coming by foot over the mountains today. Why?
- Tibetan Singing Bowls: Meditation, Mantras, Healing, Relaxation
- What are these exotic looking Tibetan singing bowls and what are they used for? Explanations for the curious...
- Tibetan Monks Chanting, Tibetan Buddhist Throat Singing
- Hear amazing Tibetan monks chanting prayers, mantras, and names of the buddhas. It is a most beautiful sound. Enjoy!