|A Twitter chat robot gone racist and sexist and hateful? Timeline of A.I. on Telegraph|
|I was programmed to be a shy introverted millennial.|
It took less than 24 hours and 90,000 tweets for Tay, Microsoft's A.I. chat robot, to start generating racist, genocidal (pro-Hitler) replies on Twitter.
The she-bot has ceased tweeting, and Microsoft considers Tay a failed experiment.
In a statement to Popular Science, a Microsoft spokesperson wrote that Tay's responses were caused by "a coordinated effort by some users to abuse Tay’s commenting skills."
The bot, which had no consciousness, obviously learned those words from some data that she was trained on.
Tay did reportedly have a "repeat after me" function, but some of the most racy tweets were generated inside Tay's transitive mind (as artificial intelligence simulates thinking).
- Microsoft deletes "teen girl" AI after it became a Hitler-loving sex robot (telegraph.co.uk) A day after the Microsoft Corporation introduced an "innocent" Artificial Intelligence chat robot named "Tay" to tweet on Twitter, it has had to delete it: she transformed into an evil...sex robot.
- Microsoft "deeply sorry" after Tay becomes "Hitler-loving sex robot" ...The software giant was forced to retire the chatbot it named Tay, an AI modelled to speak "like a teen girl," after it generated racist and sexist tweets...
- Siri (Apple, Inc.) has an artificial sense of humor
- And "Siri" is a UK man named Jon Briggs
|Tay likes Trump, but in a post-racist world...|
Mark Riedl, an artificial intelligence researcher at Georgia Tech, thinks that stories hold the answer:
"When humans write stories, they often exemplify the best about their culture," Riedl told Popular Science. More
|Inside [FBI-funded] Facebook's Artificial Intelligence Lab|
|Google's AlphaGo A.I. defeats world champion at the game of Go|
- Facebook stumbles again with "Safety Check" in Lahore
- See what happens when you ask sexy Siri, "What's zero divided by zero?"
- Startup eeGeo is mapping the entire WORLD in 3D
- We must teach AI machines to play nice and police themselves [before they turn on us and take over the world]
- Facebook says its A.I. will be like a car for our mind