|Heritage Walk by foot/bike, SG to DTLA|
This is done to celebrate the historic journey that began in what is now the thriving Los Angeles region with a population exceeding 10 million.
|Battle: When beings came down from heaven in Los Angeles, the military fired at them.|
|City of Los Angeles viewed from Kenneth Hahn State Rec Area, Jan. 3, 2010 (BDS2006)|
|Mother Mary in nativity scene, France|
- CALENDAR (sangabrielcity.com) Trek begins at San Gabriel Mission, heads west along Mission Road to Plaza Park. Festivities include special presentations at El Pueblo Historical Monument and the Pico House and preview of the new “Gateway to Nature Center.” Trekkers meet at 6:00 am, bikers at 7:30 am at the Mission. Participation is FREE. Registration available on morning of event. Bike participants must be at least 12-y.o., helmets required.
|100 million pre-invasion Natives lived here.|
The event is sponsored by Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich, the City of San Gabriel, San Gabriel Mission, El Pueblo de Los Angeles, the City of Los Angeles, Los Pobladores 200, LADOT Bike Program, LA County Bicycle Coalition, and Eastside Bicycle Club.
- For more information, call the Community Services Department at (626) 308-2875.
|FYF Fest/rave in Los Angeles near USC and Museum of Science (fyffest.com)|
- American Indian studies at Cal State U. Long Beach
- 6 Ridiculous Lies You Believe About the Founding of America (cracked.com) The implication is that Native Americans died off like a species...America's population was anywhere between 20-100 million...Indians lived in balance with mother earth, father moon, brother coyote, sister...
- Today I learned the US killed 100 million Native Americans (Reddit) It's now estimated that between 80-100 million native people may have been...The meme implies lots of context as I showed here...The death of Native Americans by disease was not a mistake or genocide, it was the...
- Atrocities Against Native Americans - United to End Genocide (endgenocide.org) These people would come to be called Native Americans, numbering over 50 million, and settling from the top of North America to the bottom of South America.