Thursday, July 21, 2022

"Ashes in Your Mouth" (Megadeth + Dave)

Loudwire, Dave Mustaine; Seth Auberon, Pfc. Sandoval, CC Liu (eds.), Wisdom Quarterly

THIS WAS MY LIFE (LYRICS): It was just another day/ It was just another fight/ It was words strung into sentences/ It was doomed to not be right./ There is something wrong with me/ There is something wrong with you/ There is nothing left of us/ There is one thing I can't do.// Lying on your bed/ Examining my head/ This is the part of me that hates/ Paybacks are a bitch/ I throw the switch/ Somewhere an electric chair awaits.// Hey this was my life/ Hey this was my fate/ This was the wrong thing to do/ This was the wrong one to be doing/ This was the road to destiny/ This was the road to my ruin/ Now there's motives for the suspect/ Now there's nothing left to say/ Now there's method to the madness/ Now there's anxiety to pay.// Lying on your bed/ Examining my head/ This is the part of me that hates/ Paybacks are a bitch/ I throw the switch/ Somewhere an electric chair awaits.// Hey this was my life/ Hey this was my fate/ In our life there's "if"/ In our beliefs there's "lie"/ In our business there's "sin"/ In our bodies there's "die"/ This was my life/ This was my fate/ This was my life/ This was my fate.

Dave Mustaine Reflects on Countdown to Extinction
(Loudwire, July 14, 2022) Megadeth legend Dave Mustaine looks back on his greatest album, Countdown to Extinction, for its 30th anniversary this year.
Music: Riffs Two by Alexander Nakarada (serpentsoundstudios.com). Licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License creativecommons.org/licenses... Follow → instagram.com/loudwire. Get newsletter → loudwire.com/newsletter#Loudwire #Thrash #Metal #Interview #Megadeth #DaveMustaine #CountdowntoExtinction

"Ashes in Your Mouth"

ASHES IN YOUR MOUTH (LYRICS) People have round shoulders from fairing heavy loads/ And the soldiers liberate them, laying mines along their roads/ Sorrow paid for valor is too much to recall/ Of the countless corpses piled up along the wailing wall.// Melting down all metals, turning plows and shears to swords/ Shun words of the Bible, we need implements of war/ Chalk lines and red puddles of those who have been slain/ Destiny, that crooked schemer, says: "The dead shall rise again!"// Where do we go from here?/ And should we really care?/ The end is finally here/ God have mercy!// Now we've rewritten history/ The one thing we've found out/ Sweet taste of vindication/ It turns to ashes in your mouth.// Where do we go from here?/ And should we really care?/ The end is finally here/ God have mercy!// If you're fighting to live/ It's okay to die/ The answer to your question is:/ "Welcome to tomorrow!"/ Where do we go from here?/ God have mercy!// Where do we go from here?/ And should we really care?/ The end is finally here/ God have mercy!// Where do we go from here?/ And should we really care?/ The end is finally here/ God have mercy!/ Mercy, mercy, mercy, mercy

No comments: