|What is the US MIC (military-industrial complex)? These militants are called JSOC.|
|Dirty Wars: Jeremy Scahill and Rick Rowley expose secret U.S. wars|
|Dick Cheney lives on in cousin Obama|
|Pretending Osama "Emmanuel Goldstein" bin Laden was still alive then assassinating him for a media win, then burying the evidence of the mistake at sea. CIA Psy Ops 1, World 0.|
|Mouthpiece for military-industrial complex|
- VIDEO: Dirty Wars: The World is a Battlefield As the Senate holds its first-ever public hearing on drones and targeted killings, DN! turns to journalist Jeremy Scahill, who charts the expanding covert wars operated by the CIA and JSOC, the "Joint Special Operations Command," in countries from Somalia to Pakistan, including the US homeland. "I called it 'Dirty Wars' because..."
- LIVE: Chris Hedges coming to Santa Monica
- Lavabit: Refusing to give FBI "unrestricted" email access
- LIVE OCT 19: Amy Goodman at L.A. Green Festival Host of Democracy Now! Amy Goodman speaks at this year’s Los Angeles Green Festival, followed by a book signing of her latest book, The Silenced Majority: Stories of Uprisings, Occupations, Resistance, and Hope. Website
Saturday, Oct. 2013, 2:00 pm
LA Mart, 1933 Broadway #850,
Los Angeles, CA 90007 (map)
- LIVE OCT 24: Boston, Honoring Women of Action
- LIVE NOV 07: San Francisco Green Festival
- VIDEO: Jeremy Scahill on JSOC war on Yemen and US citizens From drone strikes to massacres, secret U.S. military actions inside Yemen are exposed in "Dirty Wars: The World is a Battlefield," the new book (published in April) and documentary film by Jeremy Scahill and Rick Rowley, which opened this summer. Why Yemen, why kill American citizens for drone strikes? DN! speaks with Scahill about two key Yemenis profiled in the film.