|Women's International Perspective (thewip.net)|
2. Responsibility means harmonious relations with others or “mutual peace.”
3. Nirvana is ultimate serenity, joyful tranquility, or “inner-peace.”
|Jack Kornfield at Burmese American Democratic Assn. of San Francisco 2008 PeaceWalk|
- Meet frequently in concord.
- Maintain rules, not violating old rules with new rules.
- Act in accord.
- Listen to elders.
- Respect women.
- Honor ancient practices.
- Support truth seekers.
|Buddhist Peace Fellowship (BPF) Buddhist Peace Delegation march|
Reason for conflict between friends and family is unclear social duties (dharma).
Solution or way to peace is the Path of an Excellent Householder:
- Eradicate the Four Vices in Conduct (murder, theft, sexual misconduct, perjury).
- Overcome Four Unskillful Motivations (desire, anger, delusion, fear).
- Avoid the Six Channels for Dissipating Wealth (intoxication, loitering, unseemly entertainment, gambling, unfit companionship, idleness).
- Make money as harmlessly as a bee gathering nectar from a flower then Divide Earnings in Four (enjoying one portion, reinvesting two portions back into the business, and saving the fourth for times of need).
- Practice the Four Bases of Popularity and leadership (hospitality, sweet speech, generosity, impartiality to all).
- Perform the duties (dharma) incumbent on ourselves and our Six Reciprocal Relationships (mother and father, teachers and mentors, spouse and children, friends and associates, servants and employees, wandering ascetics and Brahmin priests).
Bhikkhu Bodhi (The Way to the End of Suffering)
|(Buddhist Peace Fellowship)|
3. Peaceful Speech: kind, honest, uniting, calming, encouraging, useful (rather than idle chatter).