|B----, please! Don't show me up. - Why, Laura, I would never dream of it; I'm Ivy League.|
|They're fighting again because her husband, G.W., used to be dictator and now he's gay and paints himself in the bath. - I thought Barrack's gay? - Yeah, both! (Alexsaurel/flickr)|
|The FLOTUS dresses well (Haley Fox/SCPR)|
|First ladies in Beijing (Stuart Leavenworth)|
For a look at the substance of the First lady's trip, Laurie Burkitt, a reporter in the Beijing bureau of the Wall Street Journal, joined Take Two: LISTEN
Indirectly criticized China for severe restrictions on the media.
Tibetan food is not the world’s greatest. It’s mostly [momos]. So the reason to eat it would be to open discussion about a region of China that has really been fighting for independence. And Pres. Obama recently met with the Dalai Lama, the religious leader who now lives in India [because] he’s not allowed to go back [to Tibet/China]...
- China to silence Dalai Lama in Tibet
- In China, Michelle Obama gently broaches free speech
- Michelle Obama arrives in China on hotly anticipated trip (Reuters) U.S. first lady Michelle Obama arrived in Beijing on... have already begun criticizing Obama for planning to lunch on Tibetan food... on what the trip would bring and what she would wear and eat.
- Michelle Obama and China's first lady Peng Liyuan...
- Michelle Obama and children arrive in Beijing for visit
- Michelle Obama's "fashion showdown" with China's First Lady (Huff Post) As Michelle Obama began her much-anticipated visit to China on Thursday... she is scheduled to eat lunch at a Tibetan restaurant in Chengdu...
- Michelle Obama to use "grandma diplomacy" to help win over China (Daily Mail) Michelle Obama will be joined on trip to China by daughters and her mother...obesity, LGBT rights advocate, promotes organic food and healthy eating... Visits Chengdu Panda Base; has lunch at a Tibetan restaurant.
- Michelle Obama's carefully-considered China Tour outfits