|We're just kids. Are you raising us racist without even realizing what you're doing?|
|"Stop racism!" (femen.org/en)|
|Oh, to be the black sheep of the group! Or white in a group of colored sheep!!|
|I can overcome inequality and guilt?|
• Are deeply pained by learning about historical/contemporary suffering and racist inequities experienced by people of color.
• Feel powerless to create a just society in the face of racism.
• Feel guilty about the history of racism and current racist institutions.
• Fear making mistakes and being seen as racist or prejudiced.
|Beloved Buddhist Saint Sivali|
• Experience unjustified fears of people of color.
• Are separated from people of color who are working-class and poor, who are our natural allies, with whom we could join forces to bring about a more equitable distribution of wealth that would benefit us all.
• Experience unfounded fears of what people of color may do to white people, when and if they ever get the chance, exactly what whites did to people of color -- exacting revenge or retribution for past and ongoing racism.
|A better kind of arms race|