|Magic Tibetan ritual (sacbee.com)|
Reuters in Beijing and Staff Reporter (scmp.com, Nov. 2, 2013)
|The 14th Dalai Lama and actor/activist Richard Gere, D.C. (japanese-buddhsim.com)|
|Comedian Russell Brand and Dalai Lama|
- Boy, 10, jumps to his death after Chinese teacher orders
- Tragic death of woman gives rise to anti-mainland Chinese
- Tragedy of stalked Japanese teenager forces police to act
- Asia gains unravel on China worries, dollar skids, jobs
- Scientist: Asia's lost continent, OK, shaped ancient China
- China's lunar probe a missed innovation
|Foreign delegate, GBC (Hindustan Times)|
The Tibetan Buddhist monk still has eyes that smile serenely. But the lines on Palden Gyatso's face tell a different story, a story of torture and decades of imprisonment. Gyatso recounts his arrest in 1959 while he was peacefully demonstrating with thousands of Buddhist monks and nuns. The CCP put him in prison for 23 years where he was tortured and in labor camps for 10 years. He was finally released in 1992.
|Siberian Buddhist from Russia at BGC (HT)|
Palden Gyatso: "When I finally got to India, I felt that I had reached the land of freedom and I felt that the atrocities that I had experienced, the atrocities that my fellow prisoners faced in prison, I felt that I had the duty to tell about those atrocities to the outside world."