- One can endure travel by foot.
- One can endure exertion.
- One is freed of disease.
- One, whatever one has eaten or drunk, chewed and savored, gains good digestion.
- One enters concentration while practicing walking meditation, which lasts for a long time.
|Living room Neue Errungenschaft (GretasWorld)|
There are four postures for "meditation" (development, cultivation): sitting, walking, standing, and lying down. This Dharma talk was given by Gil Fronsdal at the Insight Meditation Center (IMC) in Redwood City, California. Each talk -- also given by Andrea Fella and guest speakers -- illuminates aspects of the Buddha's teachings or "Dharma." The purpose is what the Buddha had in mind for his teachings, namely, to guide us toward the complete end of suffering and attainment of complete freedom (nirvana).
- VIDEO: Walking meditation with Joseph Goldstein
- VIDEO: Walking meditation with Thich Nhat Hanh
- VIDEO: Guided walking meditation (EZ Yoga)
- VIDEO: Easy walking meditation (Ben Griggs) A quick guide to focused walking meditation allowing the mind/heart to settle deeply, particularly useful for beginners and anyone struggling with drowsiness. Filmed in Japan among the cherry blossom trees at Happy Science Temple.