|Hungry Alicia Silverstone was raised to love ALL kinds of living beings like these:|
|Kind food tastes good (WQ)|
I was asked once, seriously, if "my people" celebrated Thanksgiving. Like we're not American enough to celebrate the same holidays. (It's like the time Joseph got asked on "King of the Hill"! Did you guys used to celebrate it?) Not really, not because we never did, but because it was too much trouble for my mom. I used to go over my girlfriend's house. Hey, just like Joseph. *Laughter*
I was raised without parents. So I guess that would technically make me an orphan. Worst thing about it was they were there. Physically. They were "checked out" in every other way. One drinking, the other spacing out. One emotionally distant, the other smothering. One aggressive, the other passive. One yelling like a lunatic, the other too brow beaten to speak up. So, essentially, we can agree, We were all raised by a Homer and a Marge?
So is everyone going to a Vegan Thanksgiving (veganevents.org) this year? Unless you guys are planning to harass and hurt animals with paint balls? *Laughter* No, we'll be there, and I'm making California guacamole, which everyone loves all year long.
|Vegan pizza (Animal Advocacy Museum)|
It's a potluck to look forward to every year with hundreds in attendance. Join a peaceful, turkey-friendly Thanksgiving. Share delicious food, desserts, and drinks. Connect with beautiful people. Enjoy the outdoor environment with music, live performances, and an open mic! So feel free to bring drums or other musical instruments, a Frisbee or a ball to toss. It's a great place for children. Well behaved animal companions like dogs (on leashes) are welcome. More
- The Buddha on meat-eating
- 30-day Vegan Challenge
- Vegan Starter Kit (FREE)
- The Last Thankgivukkah
- Rancher Al Gore finally goes vegan (NPR)
- Warlord Obama pardons two turkey (that'll die soon)
- Vegan Break: Bite-sized videos
- "A Life Connected" (veganvideo.org)
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau podcasts
- VIDEO: NBA Star John Salley is a turkey-free vegan
- Brooklyn construction worker Eddie Lama
- VIDEO: Why vegan? Gary Yourofsky explains (adaptt.org)
- World Animal Day Evening of Kindness
- SKINNY BITCH - With a sassy cover featuring a drawing of a slender young woman wearing a tight-fitting body suit and hoop earrings and holding a pair of oversize sunglasses, the book, by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, promises a “no-nonsense, tough-love guide for savvy girls.” That brazen attitude and cussing makes this the best diet book ever.