|"Free Your Mind" and the seat of your will follow. Meditate for calm and insight.|
The finding in Cell Reports could someday lead to [high priced, synthetic, patented, moderately toxic pharmaceutical] drugs that improve memory and learning, researchers say.
|Drugs are cool, take more pharmaceuticals!|
"We've discovered a way to potentially boost cognition," says Dena Dubal, one of the study's authors who does research on aging and the brain at the University of California, San Francisco.
And that could mean "a very new way to treat diseases," ranging from Alzheimer's to schizophrenia, she says.
|Three Fates, Clotho on right|
And that led Dubal and researchers at the Gladstone Institutes to wonder whether a hormone that protects the body against aging might also protect the brain. So the team set out to see whether Klotho offered... More
Please don't vaccinate me, momma!
- TED Radio Hour curated and edited for radio
- ALEC exposed!
- Autism: young black and Latino kids lose skills more than whites [so why should white medical researchers worry about it?]
- Is this Save the Children ad too sexy for the cause?
- This American Life Ira Glass and Co. explore what it means to make bland topics come to life with pathos and detail that make sense of life in these United States.
Sandra Tsing Loh's year of raging hormones
- VIDEO: Why is flesheating David Wolfe FAT?
- Virgin Vegan author talks with Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn
- Another LAPD cop killed in death by "freak accident" streak
- We question the Holocaust and think there is NO way more than 200,000 or so Jews could have been killed by fascist Nazis
- School district slammed over Holocaust assignment -- teaching kids 6 million died
- “History is not a counter-factual cocktail party game. Students should not be encouraged to pursue conspiracy theories and call it research”
- "Senior black correspondent' named Colbert's successor Comedy Central announced 'The Minority Report With Larry Wilmore" will replace "The Colbert Report." He is best known as The Daily Show (with Jon Stewart)'s "Senior Black Correspondent."
|Moliere's Tartuffe and Misanthrope Bike Trip|
- VIDEO: Pussy Riot in Los Angeles (review)
- Free weekend? 6 fun, almost-free things to do
- "The Madwoman in the Volvo": Sandra [The Lowdown on Science] Loh’s year of raging hormones
- Temple of the Buddha's Tooth Relic, Singapore
- 6.4 earthquake shakes Mexico, felt in capital
- VIDEO: "The Fifth Beatle" brings the Beatles' manager's story to life in cartoons
- QUIZ: Can you tell fake laughter from real?
- Traffic Alert: Pres. Obama ruins Los Angeles
- How much will it cost to get poor to eat better?
|Traffic in L.A. to get worse for 30 mos|
|Fun, almost-free things to do in LA|
- JPL uses GPS data to track Sierra snowpack
- Hoarding can start early, but signs are hard to see in teens
- For SoCal hospice nurse, wife's death was 1 too many It might have gone on forever, the never-ending string of deathbed confessions, last breaths, and tear-soaked eulogies. Then came his wife's death.
- Candidate for Waxman seat exits, endorses former opponent
- Maven's Morning Coffee: Getty House renovations cost taxpayers
- LA County Supervisor Gloria Molina endorses Hilda Solis to succeed her
- The "BradCast" with Brad Friedman (KPFK)
- War glorifier Zamperini named Rose Parade grand marshal
- Dispute, compromise between Marines, off-roaders The Marine Corps and off-road vehicle enthusiasts will share a rugged patch of desert near the military base at Twentynine Palms (near Joshua Tree) under a compromise brokered by Congress.
- The New Black: African Americans, gay rights struggle
New Republican nomination rules
|The "Fifth Beatle" was gay and Jewish|
|One day a UFO will crash in Los Angeles. Until then we have to settle for LAX accidents|
|One day NPR fans will gain a better sense of humor. Till then, SUP?|